From: Justin Lambert <jlambert@×××.cc>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Installer (2) [LARGE]
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 22:35:45
1 I for one have really grown to like the flexibility that I have during my
2 Gentoo install. One minor thing I do that I couldn't do with an installer is
3 before I format I ftp my /usr/portage/distfiles somewhere else and even
4 before I run the bootstrap script I emerge ncftp and copy that directory
5 back. It saves me a ton of time downloading things. This would be the kind
6 of things I (personally) would miss with an all in wonder installer.
7
8 My 2c
9 jl
10