From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: splitting virtual/
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 19:47:49
1 On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Now that we don't have any old-style virtuals in gx86 anymore,
5 > I think the 'virtual' category is basically one another plain category
6 > nowadays.
7 >
8 > Considering the number of different virtuals in this category, maybe it
9 > would be a good idea to split it a little? What I'm proposing is maybe
10 > creating some kind of '*-virtual' categories.
11 >
12 > For example, half of the current virtuals are prefixed with 'perl-'.
13 > Maybe they could be transformed into 'perl-virtual/*'?
14
15 why?
18 > --
19 > Best regards,