From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: hwoarang@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Initial python-r1.eclass & distutils-r1.eclass
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 10:50:29
1 On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 11:20:31 +0100
2 Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA512
6 >
7 > On 09/29/2012 09:53 AM, Micha? Górny wrote:
8 > > Hello,
9 > >
10 > > Instead of the floating patches and p-d-ng modifications I sent
11 > > earlier, here are the two complete (so far, well, initial :P)
12 > > eclasses for review.
13 > >
14 > > They are designed as 'mostly' drop-in python-distutils-ng
15 > > replacement.
16 > >
17 > Hi,
18 >
19 > Are you saying that you are going to remove the python-distutils-ng
20 > eclass in favour of the new eclasses? I don't quite understand the
21 > reasons to be honest.
22
23 The reason is simple -- I can't fix it without changing the API.
24 Changing the API on a live eclass is confusing, and considering that it
25 is not used by many packages, it's easier to lastrite it.
26
27 Also, this fixes the name not to have any '-ng' nor '-ds9'.
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny