From: "Robin H.Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: "Kurt V. Hindenburg" <khindenburg@××××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple DISTDIR
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 22:48:49
On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 05:07:44PM -0500, Kurt V. Hindenburg wrote:
> What happens: > 1. Look in DISTDIR for files (as normal) > 2. If not found, traverse through all directories in DISTDIRS looking > for files. > 3. Set a new environment variable (DDIR) pointing to correct directory > holding the files. > 4. will use DDIR if set instead of DISTDIR.
This seems to be a kludge. What if a package requires multiple source files that are in different DISTDIRs? Does that work? One further this with this. Which DISTDIR is used for live CVS ebuilds (that checkout to $DISTDIR/cvs-src)
> Notes: > 1. I couldn't really figure out what the envirnoment variables A and > AA were meant for.
I believe 'A' is a list of all new SRC_URIs, and AA is a list of ALL SRC_URIs. I may be wrong tho, that was from quite a while ago that I dug into portage.
> 3. How can I get the latest cvs copy of portage as I would assume > people would want a diff against that.
> This will need further testing/fixing as I've only spent a few hours > on it and I'm a non-python user. > > Anyone doing something like this or anyone have any comments?
See this bug: I think being able to have multiple DISTDIRS is a very good move, I was wanting previously in Portage, but I never got around to coding it up. -- Robin Hugh Johnson E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net Home Page : ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple DISTDIR Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>