From: Dhruba Bandopadhyay <dhruba@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking common server applications
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:48:21
1 Hello
2
3 Whilst rolling out Gentoo Linux on our flat server I was taken aback to
4 see a large proportion of common server applications masked. Here are
5 listed some of them.
6
7 gallery
8 phpBB
9 xalan
10 phpsysinfo
11 mailman
12 apache-2.0.46
13
14 As I'm sure users will sympathise, installing a mixture of stable and
15 testing packages causes portage to complain about depgraph creation and
16 masking. This in turn results in the update world command throwing
17 errors. I'd prefer our server not to suffer from this common and
18 difficult problem.
19
20 So this is a plea for these applications to be unmasked and also a
21 stronger plea for apache2 to be moved into stable. Apache2 worked right
22 out of the box with PHP and SSL.
23
24 Please post feedback. Many thanks.
25 --
26 Dhruba Bandopadhyay | dhruba[AT]codewordt.co.uk | ICQ: 31628525
27 Gentoo-sources-2.4.20-r5 | XFree-4.3.0-r3 | Nvidia-1.0.4363 |
28 E-0.16.6-pre4 | ~x86
29 D8250 | Intel P4 I850E | Nvidia GeForce4 MX420 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list