From: "Derek J. Belrose" <derek@×××××××××.com>
To: brd@××××××××××××××.edu
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GUI installer
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 07:08:19
The only problem I see with doing this is how to represent it in a user
friendly, yet power user accessible fashion.  Maybe if you are using
anaconda, you could have the power user abilities under "Amazing super
power user" setting :)

Grabbing the processor isn't difficult, build a small database of known
processors and compare it to /proc/cpuinfo.

At this point, what would you use for a install?  Stage1, 2 or 3?  Stage
3 would be the quickest in my opinion as well giving the user a really
good launching pad for an optimized system.