From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] flamewars@gentoo-dev
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 23:17:46
1 On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 01:11:18 +0200
2 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 23:42:51 +0100
4 > > Mike Auty <ikelos@g.o> wrote:
5 > >
6 > >> And yet still you keep fighting? Why?
7 > >
8 > > Because unlike pretty much everyone else around here, I haven't
9 > > given up on Gentoo. I still think it can have a future.
10 >
11 > If you really think that "everyone else around here" but a small
12 > minority has given up on Gentoo, how can you believe it still has a
13 > future?
14
15 Because a small number of people could deliver the improvements Gentoo
16 needs to bring it up to speed. And once it's there, most of the people
17 who are quite content to do the basic work necessary to let Gentoo sit
18 around in its current state will be quite content to do the basic work
19 necessary to sit around in its new, improved state.
20
21 The problem, of course, is delivering the improvements, and it's not a
22 primarily technical problem.
25 Ciaran McCreesh