From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:16:23
1 On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 17:34 -0500, Lance Albertson wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 00:20 +0200, Christian Hartmann wrote:
3 >
4 > > To host patches, docs etc. Just like every other devs/staff guy does
5 > > atm. (Sure. toucan isn't meant to be a download server and we're aware
6 > > of this fact.)
7 >
8 > Patches to our phpbb should only fall under 2-3 people and means
9 > moderators != forum admins. And those folks should be closely tied to
10 > the infra folks. So please tell me again what patches/docs they would
11 > have as moderators? My vote would be no shell access to moderators, I
12 > simply don't see the point of adding that into our infra. I do however
13 > see the need for having an alias for email contact. If they want to do
14 > more than moderate, thats their will and can take the ebuild quiz for
15 > that or can discuss that with recruiters.
16
17 Ok, after talking with a few folks I want to retract my comment about no
18 shell access. I didn't think about the other groups (docs) that already
19 have shell access and retain a simliar status as forum mods do in
20 Gentoo. I'm just getting ansty about all these new people we're bringing
21 on and the security behind it. Thats my main concern at this point, not
22 whether your work is more or less than a regular developer. I just
23 wanted to make that point before I had a flamewar directed at me :)
24
25 Cheers,
28 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
29 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
30
31 ---
32 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
33 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
34
35 ramereth/irc.freenode.net