From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Improve policy of stabilizations
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 15:29:56
1 On Monday 02 November 2009 16:17:07 Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o>:
5 > > Some packages have new releases more than once a month and sometimes
6 > > it's reasonable to not skip stabilization of any version. Given
7 > > version of a package is usually no longer tested by users after
8 > > release of a newer version, so I suggest the following change to the
9 > > policy of stabilizations: Stabilization of given version of a package
10 > > can be requested if this version has been in the tree for at least 10
11 > > days and a newer version of this package has been added to the tree.
12 >
13 > If you do that, you will see arch teams skip those stabilisations in a
14 > daily rhythm. Honestly, who should do that work? Having every minor
15 > release stable is a big nuisance for arch workers.
16 >
17 > V-Li
18 >
19 This is way I keep asking for a complete report of manpower at least for amd64
20 and x86 arch teams ( and update the project pages as well ). We need real
21 numbers so we adjust respectively the number of stabilization bugs we assign
22 to them.
23 --
24 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
25 Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sound/Sunrise]
26 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org