From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-x86 commit in sys-cluster/csync2: ChangeLog csync2-1.34.ebuild
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 01:01:08
1 On Thursday 20 September 2007, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 19:31 Thu 20 Sep , Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
3 > > > > src_compile() {
4 > > > > econf \
5 > > > > --localstatedir=/var \
6 > > > > --sysconfdir=/etc/csync2 \
7 > > > >
8 > > > > || die
9 > > > >
10 > > > > emake || die
11 > > >
12 > > > These could really use some die() messages, so you know which one
13 > > > failed.
14 > >
15 > > econf has default "econf failed" die message.
16 > > The following would be sufficient:
17 > > econf \
18 > > --localstatedir=/var \
19 > > --sysconfdir=/etc/csync2
20 >
21 > Is that so ... when did that appear? Does it happen for all of the
22 > package managers? Which functions do this? Where is it documented?
23
24 econf has always died as far as i know ... however, we've been using econf||
25 die as a standard for just as long and i dont think we should change now
26 -mike