From: al3x payne <al3x@××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] !!!Really worried about ebuild updates!
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 18:58:07
1 To whom it may concern:
2
3 I'm really concerned about the number of ebuilds that are rapidly
4 becoming out of date. I started using Gentoo, in part, because of the
5 currency of its packages and the ease of updates. While I understand
6 that users can submit upgrade requests via bugs.gentoo.org, few package
7 maintainers seem to be responding to these. I'm sure I'm not alone in
8 worrying that Gentoo packages will go the way of Debian: "dedicated"
9 package maintainers that update once in a blue moon. Gentoo has, I
10 would say, an even more elegant system than apt-get; please don't let it
11 go to waste on antiquated ebuilds.
12
13 So this doesn't happen, was can we users do, proactively, to help
14 developers? Clearly filing "please update" bugs isn't enough. I don't
15 want to just complain; I want to help. What can we do? Thanks for your
16 time and hard work!
17
19 al3x payne
20 e: al3x@××××.net