From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP system worthwhile?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:28:14
1 On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 20:59 +0000, Ian Leitch wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Grant Goodyear wrote:
6
7 > | It's worth noting that a GLEP author need not be a dev, so those
8 > | people, of course, would always require a surrogate to submit/revise
9 > | GLEPs. As for devs being able to upload/revise GLEPs, I'm not opposed.
10 > | The reason that devs cannot update their own GLEPs right now is purely
11 > | technical: the GLEP page is part of the www tree, and that tree has
12 > | fairly strict permissions. If opening up the GLEP directory isn't too
13 > | much of a pita for infra, I certainly won't oppose it. I would still
14 > | prefer that GLEPs be run by one of the editors before being posted,
15 > | since we may be able to help, but I wouldn't insist on it. I would be
16 > | very sad, though, if people took advantage of a more liberal policy to
17 > | post poorly-thought-out junk.
18 >
19 > If someone posts a poorly thought out GLEP then people will vote against
20 > it. If the author wishes, he/she can post a revised version and the
21 > voting process beings again. It's up to the author to make sure their
22 > idea is of decent quality first time round, unless they want to spend
23 > hours revising it.
26 Given, but there should be a cutoff point I think ... 3-5 tries is OK,
27 but 20 ....
31 Martin Schlemmer
32 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
33 Cape Town, South Africa