From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unused ebuild built_with_use cleanup
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 02:29:25
1 On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 4:51 AM, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 >> On Tuesday 27 October 2009 14:46:31 Petteri Räty wrote:
4 >>> Normally old versions are not kept around as already said if you read
5 >>> the thread.
6 >>
7 >> "normal" is not the same thing as "always".  unless you're the maintainer, you
8 >> have no idea whether old versions are kept there on purpose.  ive had people
9 >> delete older versions of packages on me simply because they made this invalid
10 >> assumption without talking to the maintainer.  the rest of the thread is
11 >> irrelevant as this point was not made.
14 > Yes I have no idea. That's why I asked on gentoo-dev-announce for
15 > maintainers to tell me if they are kept on purpose so the point was made
16 > already at the very start.
17 >
18 > Regards,
19 > Petteri
23 I see several of my packages on there as well and there's absolutely
24 no way you're culling them since they have a definite use since you're
25 script clearly failed to take into consideration various profiles and
26 SLOTs. Biggest reason that my packages still use built_with_use is the
27 lack of the --missing option for EAPI=2.
30 Doug Goldstein