From: Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-forensics/foremost: ChangeLog foremost-1.5.6.ebuild
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 00:37:43
1 Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > 2009/11/8 Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>:
3 >> Also, please learn how to communicate in a manner that is constructive
4 >> instead of acting like a dick at every opportunity.
5 >
6 > Looks to me this should be applied to some others in this thread first.
7 > Really, aren't there more constructive ways to communicate your (meaning
8 > all of you in this thread) concerns, without demotivating the person who
9 > does so much work for Gentoo?
10 >
11 > Cheers,
12
13 I totally agree. And I must say it started with the very first mail of
14 pva. Accusing of not knowing quizzes was totally uncalled for. As
15 patrick said, the SRC_URI thing was simply forgot to be polished after
16 testing, and the dobin thing he didn't even touch. Who remembers what
17 everything should have || die or not from the top of his head and spots
18 it immediatelly? And this offensive tone just provoked adequate reaction
19 and here we are, useless flame. People can sometimes commit much worse
20 stuff by mistake, this didn't break anything. If the first mail was just
21 a 'hey this should bw changed to X and Y', that could be it.
22
23 It's great that somebody cares to fix stuff, it's also great that
24 somebody watches the commits for mistakes, but let's be civilized about it.
25
26 Vlastimil