From: Grant Goodyear <grant@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] various errors w/ a new install
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:18:07
1 The libgd ebuild refused to build for me because "freetype.h" couldn't
2 be found. According to the ebuild, there is a
3 "~media-libs/freetype-1.3.1" dependency, but for some reason emerge
4 was satisfied w/ freetype-2.0.5. I emerged 1.3.1 by hand, and I'm hoping
5 that both freetypes will coexist nicely.
6
7 For some reason using crontab -e gives a
8 "/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory".
9 I put in a symlink to vim. We should probably add VISUAL=nano to
10 /etc/profile, since that's our default editor.
11
12 -g2boojum-