From: Natanael Olaiz <nolaiz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Patch for nvidia-drivers 367.35-r1 for kernels > 4.7.0
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 19:24:08
1 Yes, thank you. I did the local repository path at the moment. I was
2 thinking on pushing the patch upstream, but now I read on the ebuild I'm
3 editing (using the check kernel_is :) ) :
4
5 if use kernel_linux && kernel_is ge 4 7; then
6 ewarn "Gentoo supports kernels which are supported by NVIDIA"
7 ewarn "which are limited to the following kernels:"
8 ewarn "<sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-4.7"
9 ewarn "<sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-4.7"
10 ewarn ""
11 ewarn "You are free to utilize epatch_user to provide whatever"
12 ewarn "support you feel is appropriate, but will not receive"
13 ewarn "support as a result of those changes."
14 ewarn ""
15 ewarn "Do not file a bug report about this."
16 ewarn ""
17 fi
18
19 So basically I will not have support. I didn't care about this warning when
20 I went for fixing the issues. But seeing that the patch was simple I though
21 on share it somehow...
24 Best regards,
25 Natanael.
26