From: Thomas Beaudry <tmbeaudry@×××.com>
To: marko@××××.org, stuart@××××××××××××××××.jp
Cc: stubear@g.o, gentoo-core@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CJK testing
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 12:00:58
1 >>the packages are
2 >>
3 >>net-mail/mutt-1.4-r2.ebuild
4 >>dev-db/postgresql-7.2.1-r2.ebuild
5 >
6 >I'm already changed the postgresql ebuild like you did
7 >and I used "--enable-multibyte" for some time. It works.
8 >You ebuild compiles well.
9 > The only problem I see is the name "CJK".
10 >I use unicode for other languages, for example in order to have in the
11 >same database latin1 and latin2. Is difficult to guess for an
12 >east-european user that it should use "CJK" for it's language.
13 >I would prefer if the use flag should be called in a more general way.
14 > (unicode)
15 >
16 >Marko
17
18 I'm with Marko. The use flag should be unicode. More accurate
19 description of what it's for even if people are only using it for
20 CJK support at the moment.
24 MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos:
25 http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx