From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: fdnews_gentoo@×××××××××.org
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Need a new USE variable
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:01:59
1 On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 06:21:18PM +0000, fdnews_gentoo@×××××××××.org wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I am writing ebuilds scripts for the QtParted partition tool. The problem is
5 > that tool need many external tools:
6 > - xfsprogs if it supports the XFS file system
7 > - jfsutils for JFS
8 > - libntfs for NTFS
9 >
10 > But the problem is these use variables does not existing (according to
11 > "http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml").
12 > I would need to use them. Can I just suppose these variables already exists,
13 > or is there a need of declaration in the portage internals ?
14 >
15 > It would be a good idea to answer this question in the
16 > GentooDeveloperDocumentation.
19 Local USE vars can be used if they're in use.local.desc. When submitting
20 this ebuild, make sure to note in the bug any local USE variables. Check
21 out /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc for an example of some local
22 USE variables (and the corresponding ebuilds for an example of how
23 they're used in the ebuild).
24
25 Documentation suggests should be posted to http://bugs.gentoo.org -
26 there are two documentation categories, developer docs and user docs, if
27 I remember correctly.
31 Jon Portnoy
32 avenj/irc.freenode.net
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list