From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-2 - Let's get it started
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 05:44:29
1 On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:39:53 +0200
2 Rémi Cardona <remi@g.o> wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh a écrit :
4 > > So how are we supposed to handle packages where upstream *require*
5 > > that anyone building from source runs 'make check'?
6 >
7 > If it's required to get the final binaries, then it should be in
8 > src_compile.
9 >
10 > I don't know any package that does require such a thing, but IMHO it
11 > should be a QA warning if a build system writes anything to ${D}
12 > during src_test. (could sandbox be tweaked to do that?)
13
14 A whole bunch of science packages have upstreams that say "If you're
15 building from source, run 'make check' and if it fails don't carry on".
16
17 For that matter, I'm strongly inclined to say that for Paludis too...
20 Ciaran McCreesh