From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] chromium-54 needs ffmpeg-3.0.1
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 17:03:50
1 On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 08:28:14 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 > Sure, but we're talking about a major version here, and a web browser
4 > where future security updates need to be deployed quickly. You don't
5 > want to be stuck figuring out what other ffmpeg API calls were touched
6 > in the new version while there is some exploit floating around.
7 >
8 > It seems like bundling is the simpler solution here, unless the
9 > necessary patches are trivial. If they're in fact trivial somebody
10 > can probably just post one and save a lot of speculation. :)
11
12 It depends on the complexity of the patch indeed. We're talking about 3
13 enum values that were added in ffmpeg-3 here.