From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sets in the tree
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 17:34:16
1 On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
2 > The discussion at stake here is "Can we add sets to the tree? If so,
3 > should everyone be able to do that free or by prior discussion?" and I
4 > don't think that any reply to this whole sub thread benefits anyone.
5
6 So, I already added my two cents as far as those questions go.
7
8 However, the issue that was subsequently brought up basically amounts
9 to "why would we bother adding sets to the tree in the first place?"
10 If you can't use them to replace meta-packages, what else would you
11 even use them for?
12
13 Rich