From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Little respect towards Daniel please
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 19:18:56
1 I hope this does not generate many if any replies.
2
3 Some might seen Daniel as a deserter, sell out for leaving much less
4 going to work for M$, and so on. Granted while he was gone, many things
5 have changed. I am sure he is trying to catch up on all that. I am also
6 sure he is appreciative and thankful for all those who kept Gentoo going
7 and moving forward in his absence.
8
9 But let us all not forget that just like with Linus, without Daniel and
10 his past efforts there would be no Gentoo. In that regard I think we all
11 owe him a level of professional respect and politeness. Which we all
12 also owe each other as well.
13
14 Granted he like us all is human, and we all make mistakes. No one of use
15 knows everything about all things, past, present, and future. I believe
16 he has good intentions with his return to the project.
17
18 I think to a certain extend we should follow his lead, because
19 indirectly we already are. We are working on a project he started, under
20 foundations, and other things that were mostly put into place by him.
21
22 So I we can cut him some slack, and we should all have some level of
23 respect, at least in public, towards the father, creator, and founder of
24 Gentoo.
25
26 IMHO, from a rather new dev ~7months. So please do not set me on fire or
27 stake me.
30 William L. Thomson Jr.
31 Gentoo/Java