From: Phil Richards <news@××××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE 3.2.3
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 19:34:23
1 On 2004-07-09, FRLinux <frlinux@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 18:03, Jeff Smelser wrote:
3 > > I think your getting my intentions wrong here. I am not trying to be a
4 > > prick and hurry you up. I am a avid gentoo following and want this distro
5 > > to succeed. You, as a developer, need to realize that we are all here
6 > > for one cause. I am here to find the problem. And if I can be part of
7 > > the solution, so be it.
8 >
9 > I don't think you're expressing your ideas in a good manner,
10
11 Possibly he isn't. The points he raises are valid, though.
12
13 > as suggested earlier, if you want ebuilds to be flagged as stable, help the
14 > developers with it.
15
16 I think Jeff has already asked the same question, but I'll
17 ask it as well: "How?"
18
19 I use ~x86 so I can get early visibility of things and try to
20 help out by logging bugs. I also run gentoo-stats in the vague hope
21 that that will give some useful feedback.
22
23 BUT: If I have no problems, I'll raise no bugs.
24
25 So, how *precisely* do I, or anybody else, help the developers any further?
26 I don't have time outside of my fulltime job and family to become
27 a gentoo developer. As far as I can see, I'm doing as much as I can.
28 And yet it appears that more is "needed". Should I raise "bugs" saying
29 "works for me!"? Somehow I think not.
30
31 phil
32 --
33 change name before "@" to "phil" for email