From: Timothy Bissell <damaen@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Alpha and CCC
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 02:10:13
I don't really know how many people have run into this, but I'm putting
what I had to do forward. Hopefully it will help. Specifically, this is
for an EV56 system, using the compaq compiler.

What I've noticed, is that the configure scripts don't have a catch to
give the correct flags on a linux system running a compiler other than
gcc. Since this system fails all of the checks (is not running solaris
for example), it defaults to not building shared libraries with the

This was a little annoying. So I made an addition to libtool.eclass, it
should be attached to this message.

This is not really getting to the heart of the problem, I haven't had
time to dig that far. If someone has a more elegant solution, I am all
ears. Suffice to say, this is what has worked for me, maybe it will help
someone else.

Your humble lurker,
Timothy Bissell <damaen@××××××××××××.com>

File name MIME type