From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] virtual problem
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 00:38:35
1 True, this email is the most detail I have found about "virtual" stuff
2 yet, I cannot find any doco's on this which is why the emails.
3
4 It appears to be tied up with the opengl mess - that is most of the
5 programs are complaining of opengl, glu or glut (by the way this is a 2
6 month old install that "suddenly" started complaing of this - so whats
7 changed? I see that there are some odd comments about Mesa not playing
8 nicely in the files with nvidia, but I dont have an nvidia card so I'll
9 unmask and install Mesa and hope that works. In the meantime, what
10 about xmms, xscreensaver and a number of others which suddenly will not
11 build becuase something virtual has poppped up - they have not always
12 been this way!
13
14 I did a fresh install into a vmware VM over the last couple of days and
15 cannot finish the install as that is now complaining of the same
16 problems.
17
18 Starting to look like something is screwy with the portage tree.
19
20 BillK
21