From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should mirror restriction imply bindist restriction?
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 17:19:51
1 Ulrich Mueller schrieb:
2 > Currently RESTRICT=mirror and RESTRICT=bindist are independent of each
3 > other. I wonder if the former should imply the latter.
4 >
5 > Is there any package where the files in SRC_URI cannot be mirrored
6 > (i.e., redistributed), but where the built package can be distributed?
7
8 I vaguely remember some cases of large proprietary packages which were
9 legal to redistribute, but we did not want them on Gentoo mirrors. After
10 all, the description according to ebuild(5) does not contain a reference
11 to what you can or cannot do:
12 mirror
13 files in SRC_URI will not be downloaded from the GENTOO_MIRRORS.
14
15 Best regards,
16 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn