From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 6 portage is out!
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 14:57:01
1 Am Mittwoch, 18. November 2015, 10:25:23 schrieb Alexander Berntsen:
2 > On 18/11/15 08:25, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
3 > > - If you mix stable and unstable then you are by definition an
4 > > advanced user, who will be able to cope with the situation. :)
5 >
6 > This attitude is shitty, and I am willing to wager a really big bunch
7 > of users fall into this category.
8 >
9 > I don't think EAPI 6 is *that* shiny, that we need to start using it
10 > prior to stable Portage supporting it. It's a potential mess for a
11 > huge portion of our users.
12
13 It would be helpful if you could point out what exactly *didn't* work in the
14 past, instead of just making big words and large noise here. After all that's
15 exactly the procedure that has been used for the last EAPI introductions.
18 Andreas K. Huettel
19 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)
20 dilfridge@g.o
21 http://www.akhuettel.de/