From: Prashanth Aditya Susarla <aditya@×××××××.in>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] libGLcore error
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 22:40:18
1 > Two phased workaround:
2 >
3 > At linktime, i.e when building/doing emerges:
4 > Make sure xfree's opengl implementation is active, i.e. that the libGL.so
5 > symlink points to xfree's libGL.so, not nvidia's.
6 >
7 > opengl-update xfree
8 > emerge pkg
9 > opengl-update nvidia
10 >
11 > (using LDFLAGS=-lgcc_s emerge pkg should also work).
12
13 If you look at the nvidia-glx package, it contains precompiled libraries
14 which you just install to their respective locations. So this part doesn't
15 make any difference.
16
17 > At runtime:
18 > Either add /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 to /etc/ld.so.preload or use LD_PRELOAD on
19 > libgcc_s. If you go for the ld.so.preload option you need to make sure you
20 > re-enter the line of text after doing an rsync as rsync overwrites it
21
22 I did this using /etc/ld.so.preload and ran glxgears after switching to
23 the nvidia interface. glxgears segfaulted. It was runnng fine otherwise.
24 mplayer *seems* to be working fine. (I don't have a video file immediately
25 at hand). I also use another library which I load with LD_PRELOAD. I hope
26 that the two don't *clash* or something. Is it possible to preload multiple
27 libraries? And if so, how.
30 Regards,
31 Prashanth Aditya Susarla