From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Let's redesign the entire filesystem!
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:43:46
1 On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 08:30:49AM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > You know - I had a similar issue, but with a pair of PL2303 USB RS232
3 > interfaces. That makes me wonder if there is a possible way to
4 > enhance udev to better handle situations where devices have no unique
5 > ID and thus tend to be difficult to access consistently across
6 > reboots. In my case I had to hack a rule so that I got a symlink if
7 > the device was in a specific USB slot. Use case is controlling tuners
8 > for mythtv.
9
10 Why not use the links in /dev/serial/ which are there for this specific
11 reason?
12
13 greg k-h