From: Pierre-Henri Jondot <Pierre-Henri.Jondot@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem With TeX and opencm
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 01:44:59
1 > It is actually a bug in the opencm ebuild and should goto
2 > bugs.gentoo.org. The correct solution is to add:
3 >
4 > addwrite "/var/lib/texmf"
5 > addwrite "/usr/share/texmf"
6 > addwrite "/var/cache/fonts"
7 >
8 > To the ebuild before the compilation takes place.
9 >
10 > --
11 > Matthew Kennedy
12 > Gentoo Linux Developer
13 >
14 No it is not a bug because the opencm ebuild hasn't been commited yet !
15 (or hadn't...)
16
17 (Neither has the pari-gp ebuild I'm doing right now)
18
19 It was a question of the writer of this, to be committed, ebuild to know the
20 proper way to allow opencm to build its documentation without making sandbox
21 complain about violations...
22
23 Had I read your answer a day ago, I would not have spent some (not so
24 precious !) unnecessary time in tetex documentation to force the generation
25 of fonts under /var/tmp.
26
27 I do agree that it is better to generate the fonts (pks and metrics) once
28 and for all, as it won't have to be done again for viewing the dvi so I'll
29 use the addwrite commands you suggest to the pari ebuild I'm doing right
30 now.
31
32 >From what I read in the tetex documentation, I guess that only the line
33 about /usr/share/texmf is needed, but in case I will insert the three of
34 them.
37 Pierre-Henri Jondot <Pierre-Henri.Jondot@×××××××.fr>
38 Page perso : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/phj