From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: split tcltk USE flag to tcl and tk
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 07:55:33
1 I'd like comments on splitting the tcltk USE flag into 'tcl' and 'tk'
2 USE flags.
3
4 My primary motivation for this is that I am putting together many more
5 servers lately, and I need tcl on them, but I don't want X there.
6 doing 'USE=tcltk emerge python' pulls in xfree due to
7 tcltk? ( ...tk... ) in the python ebuild.
8
9 Advantages:
10 1. More accurately reflects what a package uses, and allows for better
11 customization.
12
13 Disadvantages:
14 2. Changing existing ebuilds to the new style
15 3. Users with tcltk have to update their USE flags.
16
17 I am more than willing to bear the brunt of the work of updating the
18 ebuilds if there are no objections to this.
21 Robin Hugh Johnson
22 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
23 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
24 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
25 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85