From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to create SRC_URI from messed-up URL?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 05:38:33
1 On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 12:46:36AM -0400, Dave Nebinger wrote:
2 >
3 > Hey, folks.
4 >
5 > I'm trying to write an ebuild, not my first, but definitely something
6 > that is relatively new to me.
7 >
8 > Anyways, I've got the following URL that pulls down the source package:
9 >
10 > http://www.fpdf.org/en/dl.php?v=153?f=tgz
11 >
12 > The file that gets downloaded is fpdf153.tgz.
13 >
14 > Well, that messed up dl.php?... stuff results in the file
15 > /usr/portage/distfiles/dl.php?v=153?f=tgz rather than the fpdf153.tgz
16 > that I need it to be called.
17 >
18 > So how do I 'trick' portage into downloading the file from the given
19 > link to the fpdf153.tgz file I want to have?
20 You don't. It would require addition of ${FILE} to the
21 (FETCH|RESUME)COMMAND vars.
22
23 > Or am I stuck with the fetch restriction and have the end-user download
24 > the file manually?
25 Note in the bug that you submit this ebuild in, that the file needs to
26 be downloaded and uploaded by a dev (with the SRC_URI changed over to
27 mirror://gentoo/fpdf153.tgz). Please don't attach the src for the
28 pkg, just tag the url for it into the bug :)
29
30 It sucks, but it's the usual way of dealing with screwy upstream urls.
31 ~harring