From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 15:45:21
1 Mounir Lamouri wrote:
2 > I would like to get ACCEPT_LICENSE default value [1] discussed in the
3 > next Council. If I can even get it widely discussed in gentoo-dev before
4 > the council, a vote will be great. But it looks like it is not
5 > interesting so much people out there.
8 Why not make a definitive proposal so that the council doesn't just have
9 to figure one out on the fly - that will probably lead to faster closure
10 (and give people something to throw darts at if they hate it). Here is
11 a suggestion:
12
13 Default is ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA".
14
15 My intent isn't to divert the discussion into this thread (everybody who
16 cares is reading the other one I'm sure). However, the basic point is
17 to propose one thing and then let everybody throw stones at it, so that
18 they know what will happen if they don't complain. If you word it
19 appropriately nobody will be offended that you're proposing a solution.
20
21 Then the council can just look at the list and see no big flamewars and
22 just approve it, rather than debating what it should actually be.
23
24 Also - I wouldn't consider it a negative thing that your proposal hasn't
25 gotten as many replies as glep55. You have proposed a small and
26 (mostly) well-defined change to gentoo and if nobody complains then we
27 should run with it!