From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: app-text/cuneiform
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 12:18:38
1 On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > The process for rescuing a package is documented here[1] and
3 > it takes about 15'' of google searching to find it.
6 I think that something a bit more elaborate with links to the relevant
7 pages (proxy-maint, etc) that is more user-oriented might help with
8 that. I'd also suggest putting the link in every package mask notice.
9 Hopefully then users will read the link before they reply on the
10 list, and we can perhaps make treecleaning a more positive experience
11 all around.
12
13 I'll take a pass at tossing something together and we can see if it
14 makes sense. I'm trying to be constructive about this, and I've made
15 a new-years resolution to stop arguing about hypotheticals and offer
16 improvements before criticism. (FYI - anybody on the list is willing
17 to send me a note off-list if you catch me breaking my resolution.)
18
19 > [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/treecleaners/index.xml#doc_chap7
20
21 Rich