From: Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE & KEYWORDS relation
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:18:41
1 On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 16:02 +0100, Simon Stelling wrote:
2 >Hi,
3 >
4 >Francesco Riosa wrote:
5 >> use "extensions" && KEYWORDS="-*"
6 >
7 >I'm pretty sure this will break things (TM). Why not a simple use
8 >extensions && ewarn "Currently, there are no additional patches used
9 >with USE=Extension, so I'm going to ignore it."
12 The problem with ewarns is that they'll be missed during an emerge -uvD
13 world. They'll be there, but somewhere back a few hundred pages.
14 Really, for something like that, you need to fail, and make the user
15 remove extension from their use flags.
16
17 Daniel
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list