From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: USE flag transition: tetex and latex
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 14:14:39
1 Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>:
2
3 > > > Yes, we should introduce tex, latex and kpathsea USE flags.
4 > > > Anyone?
5 > > +1 for latex & kpathsea. How/when do we start ? :) I'd say start
6 > > moving useflags on a per package basis, making them local for now.
7 > > Once there are enough, let us move to a global one. Once this is
8 > > finished, let us deprecate the tetex useflag.
9 > > +0.5 for tex: it's a good idea, but I dont know about any package
10 > > using only tex and not latex (and where it would be optional).
11 > > Perhaps I'm wrong there.
12 > I don't think documentation using texinfo.tex (the documentation that
13 > comes in .texi files) uses latex --- I believe that texinfo.tex uses
14 > just plain tex.
15
16 LaTeX, Texinfo, ConTeXt and what else you can think of, are TeX
17 formats (no details on what a format is, look it up yourself) and
18 equivalent. So separate USE flags do make sense, though Texinfo is a
19 special categroy.
20
21 V-Li
24 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
25 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
26
27 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>