From: Mark Berry <mark@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Crash on install....
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:16:53
1 Hi,
2
3 Sorry if I am posting to the wrong place, but I am trying to figure out
4 why the installer is hard-crahing my computer and maybe I could get a
5 few hints on where to start poking.
6
7 It appears to be hanging on the PCI Autoprobe. My hardware is a Dual CPU
8 P3, w/a Adaptec SCSI3 disk controller. Intel etherexpress network card
9 and a NVIDIA m64 vidio card.
10
11 I have not had any problems installing other variants of linux on it, I
12 would like to submit a more helpful bug report but I guess I would like
13 some tips on locating a more specific problem and maybe a fix, if
14 someone can point me in the right direction.
15
16 Thanks
17
18 .mark