From: mudler <mudler@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Testing Gentoo with openQA
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 12:17:02
1 Hi everyone,
4 This is an idea that has been floating around already, as some of you
5 already know, openQA [1] is a project that provides the ability to fully
6 test  O.S.
7
8 I'd like to bring openQA to Gentoo, and start using it for both testing,
9 and maybe, if promising at it seems, using it to automatize even more
10 our testing workflow and help stabilization processes.
11
12 I'm creating a new project for this, the aim is first to provide ebuilds
13 for openQA, and meanwhile writing test cases that can be used to test
14 Gentoo inside it. As i see it, it would be really helpful exp. regarding
15 testing DEs  and track back regressions as well [2], it offers also
16 integrations with bugzilla.
17
18 Development plan and goals will be updated to the Project page soon [3]
21 What do you think?
24 Best,
25
26 Ettore