From: "j." <sigsegv@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: jerry@g.o, zhen@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux 1.4 Installation Instructions & Desktop Configuration Guide
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 00:48:46
1 Is pcmcia support missing from the livecd? None of section 4 from
2 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/build.html seems to work.
6 net-setup eth0 says "cat: eth0.NS: No such file or directory" right
7 before it says "Type "ifconfig" to make sure the .". It seems like a
8 harmless message, but maybe the guide should note to ignore a message
9 like that?
13 In the install guide also maybe the tar line of code listing 19 could be
14 clarified a bit? "# tar -xvjpf /path/to/stage?-*.tbz2" I was thrown the
15 first time I installed 1.2. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to type the
16 ? and * into the actual command or not.
20 In code listings 29 and 34 of the desktop configuration guide at
21 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/desktop.html does emerge --search work? It
22 seems like it had to be -s with 1.2.
26 I'm only a week into Gentoo after being a long time RH user and I'm
27 already hooked.
31 Thanks,
35 j.