From: Johannes Findeisen <you@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mc-4.5.55-r2 is not Compiling successfully on my Workstation...
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 03:26:33
1 On Monday 25 March 2002 04:48, you wrote:
2 > Okay folks,
3 > I've "tracked" this bug down to the vfs subsystem in mc.
4 >
5 > a shortterm "fix" would be to disable this, but that will break ftp, tar,
6 > rpm and other such browsing for no appearant good reason..
7 >
8 > I'd really appreciate if somone who's better at reading source than me took
9 > a look at this and find out what's the real problem behind this?
10 >
11 > Short fix.
12 > open the mc-4.5.55-r2.ebuild and scroll down to "configure" line.
13 >
14 > remove the part that reads :
15 > --with-vfs \
16 >
17 > and emerge again.
18
19 hello spider,
20
21 does it mean, that if i remove --with-vfs, i don't can access tar archives
22 with my mc???
23
24 i don't know a better solution but this is not a good idea, because the mc is
25 a hardly used programm on my server. i need access to tar archives....
26
27 regards
28
29 hanez