From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Making backwards-incompatible tree changes | a solution for GLEP 55's problem
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:46:18
1 On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 03:28:48 -0700
2 Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Paludis wise, it's eapi2 indirictely due to boost and eselect.
4 > Looking at the eapi depgraph for that, doesn't look particularly
5 > viable for upgrading from a EAPI<2 manager for paludis. I'll leave
6 > it to Ciaran to comment on the feasability of a static rescue
7 > binary (or extremely simplified upgrade pathway).
8
9 boost's just for Python bindings, which are optional. The eselect
10 dependency is hard, and can't easily be made optional, so ideally
11 eselect should stick with older EAPIs.
12
13 Maybe we should stick something in metadata.xml...
16 Ciaran McCreesh