From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] fresco-base missing from profiles/categories
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:47:36
1 On 07/18/04 Bryan Østergaard wrote:
2
3 > Hi all.
4 >
5 > fresco-base is missing from profiles/categories resulting in repoman
6 > bailing out. I don't know why this is the case but it seems like it's
7 > been removed from profiles/categories before..
8 >
9 > Here's the relevant entry from cvs log categories:
10 > ----------------------------
11 > revision 1.19
12 > date: 2002/10/11 18:20:02; author: phoenix; state: Exp; lines: +0
13 > -1 Nonono, fresco should not be in the official tree yet.
14 > ----------------------------
15 >
16 > Anybody know of a valid reason not to add this category?
17
18 First you'd have to look for a maintainer. Those ebuilds are quite old
19 and are probably broken atm. Also I'm not completely sure if fresco
20 itself is alive, the latest news entry is over a year old, but there
21 seems to be some (not much) activity on the Wiki and in CVS.
22
23 As it stands now I'd rather remove those packages from CVS than adding
24 the category.
25
26 Marius
31 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
32 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.