From: Peter Weller <welp@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in profiles: package.mask
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 14:41:23
1 On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 15:49 +0200, Alin Nstac wrote:
2 > Peter Volkov wrote:
3 > > Γ街撮 Γ街山Γ街子Γ街私, 21/06/2008 Γ街屍 10:56 +0200, Albert Zeyer Γ街氏Γ街孜Γ街至Γ街志Γ街私:
4 > >
5 > >> Perhaps install a script which automatically takes the CVS comment when
6 > >> some of these files is changed and adds this comment automatically to
7 > >> the ChangeLog?
8 > >>
9 > >
10 > > Some days ago Diego (flameeyes) suggested to write script which will
11 > > abort commit in case ChangeLog is not filled. Taking into account a
12 > > number (about 1 commit per day(!)) of developers who forgive to use
13 > > echangelog I think this is the only way to go if we want that
14 > > ChangeLog's to be useful...
17 > How about fixing the right problem instead forcing devs to complete yet
18 > another step?
19 > The right way of fixing that is by creating changelogs automatically,
20 > based on cvs commit comments.
21 >
22 Possibly by making it a part of the whole repoman commit process? I'm
23 pretty sure I've mentioned this in a council meeting:
24 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20080508-summary.txt
25 (Check the 'New Topics' -> 'When are ChangeLog entries required?'
26 summary)
29 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list