From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Marcus 'cryos' Hanwell's talk about Gentoo and KDE at aKademy 2007
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:01:05
1 On Tuesday 03 July 2007 22:19:10 Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
2 > Marcus "cryos" Hanwell gave a talk on Gentoo and KDE on Sunday at aKademy
3 > 2007.
4 >
5 > Marcus presented the current state of KDE in Gentoo, our current headaches
6 > and questions as well as what we hope for or expect for the future.
7 >
8 > I rarely enjoy taped presentations but this one was entertaining *and*
9 > interesting as he changed the slides he had sent to the KDE herd before
10 > in the last minute, it seems. And only for the better. :-)
11
12 I thought I had just made some small adjustments - can't remember now.
13 >
14 > Marcus, no need to worry about your talk being preserved for eternity on
15 > the net - personally, I really liked it and think you did very well. So
16 > I'll be sure to keep my copy. :-)
17 > I would like to thank you very much for doing it.
18 >
19 > You'll find the recording of Marcus' talk at
20 > http://akademy2007.kde.org/conference/programme.php
21 >
22 I have emailed my slides and put them up myself for the impatient. I have made
23 a blog post on my talk which also contains links to the slides and the video.
24
25 http://blog.cryos.net/archives/146-Gentoo-KDE-Talk-at-aKademy.html
26
27 I think it was really productive and I am still there right now. There is a
28 lot of interest among KDE developers in Gentoo. I am here until Sunday -
29 hopefully I will get a little more coding done now.
30
31 Come see us in London if you can make it.
32
33 Thanks,
34
35 Marcus