From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: News item review: SquashDelta syncing support
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 05:49:17
1 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > Downsides include:
3 > 2. Impossible to tweak ebuilds without setting up an overlay. This
4 > might be annoying for devs/etc.
5
6 It is still possible to setup a read-writable portage tree
7 (using overlayfs/aufs/unionfs-fuse/... e.g. using the squashmount
8 tool from the mv overlay).
9
10 However, currently this does not play nicely with squashdelta:
11 You have to "undo" the mounting of squashdelta and have to use
12 different command (e.g. squashmount) afterwards.
13 Although this can probably be done e.g. in eix-sync with hooks,
14 I hope that in the near future there will be a possibility to
15 combine these methods more conveniently.
16
17 Currently, I made only some remarks in comment #3 of bug 549716,
18 because it seems that the sync module mechanism is currently
19 lacking the infrastructure for adding custom data (like hooks) to
20 a module.