From: Mike Auty <ikelos@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to deal with git sources?
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 19:19:13
1 So,
2
3 tldr; Github will tarball up specific commits (or master) for you to add
4 to SRC_URI.
5
6 I ended up using the github API to pull down a tarball of the git repo,
7 rather than using git to pull it down. I suppose that offers the
8 ability to Manifest it and check for changes, but I now have to encode
9 the fixed commit into every version of the ebuild because the only
10 location it's recorded is in the submodule commit hash of the package's
11 repo.
12
13 I could have it live in the PV, but I think that'd lead to potential
14 version sorting errors if people try and use copies of the ebuild.
15 Making typeshed its own package doesn't help because it's installed
16 under /usr/share/mypy/typeshed, not /usr/share/typeshed so it really is
17 part of mypy (for now). So I'll see how this goes and listen for
18 feedback...
19
20 Mike 5:)
21