From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sandboxes
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:27:02
1 On 3/24/06, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2 > Thoughts on ideas on this somewhat more focussed idea? ( or at least I
3 > think it's more focused :P )
4
5 IMO motivation b) is not taken into account enough.
6
7 You are missing out a general-user-overlay, where the developer adding
8 a user to the access list would be responsible for him.
9
10 We really need a general user overlay for stuff that is abandoned in
11 the treee (maintainer-needed@g.o) or stuff that has not even
12 been added to the tree (maintainer-wanted@g.o). Those are
13 ebuilds that no developer is interested in, so a general way for users
14 needs to be present to be able to take care of those in a
15 policy-based-overlay instead of bugzilla. Also the overlay will be
16 easier to access and more bug-free as every person who is trusted by
17 gentoo-devs can just fix bugs that come up without spamming every CC:
18 on the list as it would be in bugzilla.
19
20 Regards,
21 Stefan
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list