From: Thomas Anderson <tanderson@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Add operator + for licenses (EAPI-4 ?)
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 00:34:12
1 On Sat, Sep 05, 2009 at 04:03:25PM +0200, Maciej Mrozowski wrote:
2 > On Friday 04 of September 2009 22:08:02 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 22:04:46 +0200
4 >
5 > > R?mi Cardona <remi@g.o> wrote:
6 > > > Having tools to manipulate those variables is very misleading since
7 > > > users will (rightfully) assume that we've done our homework and that
8 > > > upstream did too.
9 >
10 > > Why not use EAPI 4 to make sure people have done that homework then?
11 >
12 > Because it won't make *upstream* do their homework.
13 > I suppose you volunteer to make this homework for Gentoo to fulfill new EAPI
14 > requirements as I assume your lawyer skills equals the will to propose yet
15 > another EAPI.
16 > Therefore I fully support this idea.
17 >
18 > --
19 > regards
20 > MM
21
22 What is your point? If your goal is to come across as a bitter person with a lot
23 of hate then you've succeeded. Tone it down please as you're not contributing
24 anything useful to the discussion like that.
25
26 Ciaran's really not making homework up for gentoo. Why, remi stated himself that
27 we have homework to do(and we sometimes don't do that homework) so unless you're
28 just trying to pick a fight I don't see what you're trying to say. Please don't
29 do that.
32 Regards,
33 Thomas
34 --
36 Thomas Anderson
37 Gentoo Developer
39 Areas of responsibility:
40 AMD64, Secretary to the Gentoo Council