From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] putting apache / apache2 on 'need' line
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 02:50:04
1 On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 11:55:34 -0400
2 "Martin, Stephen" <stephen.martin@××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 > I'm finishing up an ebuild that starts a daemon and depends on apache.
6 > The
7 > problem is that it can use either apache or apache2. How do I handle
8 > this in the need line of the init script, since apache and apache2
9 > have separate flags? I'm thinking I need to do something like 'need
10 > apache || apache2'. What's the correct way to handle this? Or should
11 > I just say it depends on apache2 and be done with it?
12
13 Azarah can better advise you, but I should think the apache initscripts
14 should just provide a virtual/apache and then your script can just "need
15 apache" or some such. Az, Donny, Robin?
18 Seemant Kulleen
19 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
20 Gentoo Linux http://dev.gentoo.org/~seemant
21
22 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
23 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E