From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proposed shift of files in the tree of non profiles files into seperate dir
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 08:06:07
1 On 08/27/05 Brian Harring wrote:
2
3 > Hola all.
4 >
5 > Straight to the point, I'm proposing that the following files-
6 > arch.list
7 > categories
8 > use.desc
9 > use.local.desc
10 > package.mask
11 > updates
12 >
13 > be moved out of the profiles directory in the tree, and into the
14 > existing metadata directory personally, due to the fact that the
15 > files above are essentially repository metadata. Why move them *now*
16 > when they've been around forever?
17
18 [snip]
19
20 Don't mind moving them, BUT
21 - metadata is a stupid location for them for several reasons
22 - don't really like adding more cruft to the regen script
23 - why move them now and then move/redesgin them again when someone
24 finally makes a sane profiles design (yeah, I've talked about that for
25 months now :-/)
26
27 Marius
32 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
33 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.
34 --
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list